|Academic Session Start 17th July 2014 |
1. A student seeking admission in this college should present himself/herself personally along with Parents and shall produce the following documents:
2. Provisional certificate (in original) issued by the institution last attended.
3. Marks certificate of the class passed (Original and three attested copies).
4. Character Certificate issued by the head of the institution last attended. (in case of regular candidates) and in the case of private candidates,the CharacterCertificate should be signed by a First class Magistrate/SDPO/SHO of the area.
5. Three identical copies of a recent passport size photograph.
6. Matriculation certificate indicating date of birth (original) and two attested copies.
7. Reserved category certificate from the competent authority as stated in SRO-126 dated 28-06-1994 (original and two attested copies).
8. However the students who have passed their qualifying examination from the institution other than the J&K Board of School Education
Will have to submit the following documents in addition to the above.
1. Oneself-addressed envelopes to be produced from post office.
2. Migration certificate in original from the University/Board from which the student has passed the qualifying examination.
3. Eligibility Certificate from university of Jammu (issued by concerned College).
4. Affidavits/Undertaking from the students.
5. Date of birth Certificate in original.(Matriculation Diploma)
Note:Candidates are advised to opt for those subjects as opted in Hr. Sec. Part II as per the latest notification issued by the university for B.A./B.Sc.Semester I vide Notification No. F/Acd/I/14/5602-5801.Dated 06.06.2014.
LATEST INFORMATION FOR THE STUDENTS OF B.A./ B.Sc. Semester- I |
| Implementation of Semester System|
|(1st, 3rdand 5th Semester admission)|
| 10th June 10th July|
10th June-30th June (without late fee)
1st July 10th July (with a late fee)
| Class Work |
2nd week of July to 31st of October.
| Examination |
2nd week of November.
|(2nd, 4th and 6th Semester admission) |
Carry on System
Ist week of December 31st of March
2nd week of April
| Exams to be conducted by University |
|Summer Vacations |
20th May to 10th July
| Pooja Holidays|
| Pass Percentage|
40% (min) in Theory and Practicals(Separately)
| Internal assessment|
Sems End Exams
5% - Attendance
10% - Written assessments/tutorials/Projects/Seminars
10% - Class tests/Quiz
| Division Criteria|
|75% and above- 1st Division with Distinction|
60% t0 75% - 1st Division
50% to 60% - 2nd Division
40% to 50% - 3rd Division
|Promotion Criteria |
|1st year to 2nd year |
If 75% of papers of Semester I and Semester II taken together are passed.
| 2nd year to 3rd year|
If 75% of papers of Semester III and Semester IV taken together are passed.
1. Those who dont fulfill the promotion criteria shall be declared fail in the part concerned, however the candidates shall have the option to retain the marks in the papers in which they have secured pass marks.
2. Reappear in I/III/V may take the exams only in the semester exam to be held in Nov/Dec.
3. No supplementary exams will be conducted except for the last even semester ( i.e. 6th semester).
Environmental studies (EVS) exam will be conducted in 3rd and 4th sems. However evaluation will be done at the college level and the awards shall be forwarded to controller examination. Marks obtained in EVS will be shown separately.